My voiceover journey started 235 days ago
In this last week before my 4-week research trip tp Madagascar 🇲🇬 I’m introducing the 3rd character to my weekly wrap-up. Starting today, I’m entering three roles in the show: the worker (Frank), CEO (Hank) and Head of Sales (Jimmy).
I’m also intruding a new name to the worker, he’s now called Frank, and I’m explicating calling myself now the observer or moderator of the show (just me Alex) talking before and after all 3 characters have spoken.
The moderator is an important element and you don’t always him. He or she is the calm person with the overview, almost like an external consultant that still understand the business you’re running (a Yoda if you will, like a gray eminence). This is the 4th element that you want to have in your circles.
1/4 Worker: Frank
- script 3/7
- draft incl. research for betahaus | berlin AVV script - it’s complete because I worked on it every work day (Mon-Fri)
- soycubano day 10–14
- daily duties (day job, stolenvoiceIGTV)
- module 5 of the case-study-writing course
Worked on (but incomplete)
- draft for betahaus AVV, especially getting a betting idea about coworking - it’s incomplete because I have no „final“ version of the AVV’s draft
Didn’t work on
- draft for story of wedding material
- going to bed early enough and getting up early
- spent a lot of time with social media interaction during my meal breaks
- did too little sports (and not regularly)
- practiced no French
- practiced only little Malagasy
- practicing only little the singing for 45 minutes
New discoveries this week:
Weakness I discovered before:
- Ending all the phrases on the same delivery of notes
- My struggle: when conversational I’m losing energy and sounding too flat/boring
- Embracing my foreign accent but not sounding stilted - a challenging contradiction for me
- Sometimes not being able to reproduce particular way or style of delivery. So, I want to be able to consistently reproduce a style of delivery
- impatience while performing - tendency is to be too fast - „let’s get it over with quickly“
- I tend to get stiff when things take too much - so I disrelax
- Speaking well-pronounced while speaking natural
- I don’t know how to speak anymore - it seems I never knew how to speak, read out loud in the first place
- „You’re not embracing your own accent" - Penny Rawlins
- I think you have a bright and friendly natural quality to your voice, you just don’t know quite how to use it just yet:) - Tanya Rich
- Sounding conversational while not sounding like I’m reading and still sounding energetic
- Forgetting to imagine who I’m to and what scenario I’m in
- „Bouncing voice“ (German: knallen) when starting a new sentence, I want to smoothen the start of a sentence more
- My non-native accent when speaking English (it doesn’t sound super German but it’s clear that I’m neither a native US nor a native British speaker
- Sounding less robotic when speaking
- Clear diction of words (no mumbling)
- Speak clear while speaking fast
- Sound like a native US-American speaker
- Sound like a native British speaker
- Sound like an English speaker with a German accent
Weakness I worked on this week:
Weakness I fixed this week:
Done next time
- nothing because I’ll be gone for 4 weeks
2/4 CEO: Hank
How did business go?
Frank had only 10/10 productivity scores. That’s awesome. Frank made progress with the demo reel which is awesome as well, only 4 recordings are missing.
Frank’s routine didn’t really work. He got up arbitrarily and didn’t stick to the rich day rhythm. It’s even more astonishing that he still achieved 10/10 scores. I’m impressed
Review of worker Frank:
- 8x completed
- 3x didn’t work on
- 2x partly worked on (but incomplete)
This was Frank’s best performance in 2018. Bravo. The business can surely be on hold for those 4 weeks.
3/4 Head of Sales: Jimmy
How did sales go?
4/4 Last words of the observer: Alex (me)
What did you (as the gray eminence) get out of this week? What was remarkable?
Frank’s 10/10 productivity scores from Monday to Friday
brand + service by naii.io