My voiceover journey started 289 days ago
It was my birthday week and I was productive AF! I didn’t super much stick to my routine (I usually was 2-3 hours behind) but I most of the things done on a day.
Also, the #90daysoflaserfocus challenge and checking emails and social media only twice a day (max. 30 minutes) made me more productive, calmer and generally more relaxed.
Here’s how Frank, Hank, Jimmy and I saw the past 7 days!
1/4 Worker: Frank
13x actions = target to be completed
5x actually complete ✅
2x about to be completed today ✅⚠️
2x worked on it but incomplete 👷♂️❌
4x didn’t work on it and incomplete ❌❌
✅ found a solution for script 4 and the continuation of the production of the commercial demo reel - good conversation with my voiceover feedback peer
👷♂️❌ 1 light AVV for German client
👷♂️❌ 1 AVR for English-speaking potential client
✅ daily stolenvoiceIGTV show
✅ daily day job work
✅ daily #90daysoflaserfocus publications
✅⚠️ soycubano work on day 22 to 26 - will work on day 26 today!
✅⚠️ stolenvoice tv ep. 20 - will publish today!
❌ finish quickvoiceover.delivery landing page
❌ stolenvoice newsletter
❌ stolenvoice draft of lead magnet for newsletter
❌ salesmanship.io draft of copy for landing page
✅ worked a bit on my bro’s + wife’s wedding material
What I worked on (7x) but didn’t mention last week:
- ✅ published visuals for Instagram
- ✅ application as speaker at narando.com
- ✅ commercial reel: wrote/edited scripts 4, 6
- ✅ commercial reel: new recordings for script 4 and 6-10
- ✅ listened to Hobsons commercial reels (page 1-4)
- 👷♂️❌ transcription of a („10 secrets to achieve financial success“)
- ✅ wrote the 6- and 60-second pitch for my premium voiceover brand stolenvoice
Working on continuing what I’ve been doing because it’s been serving me well.
New discoveries this week:
- Maybe being stubborn and wanting to do it my way, but that’s more of a character „weakness“, not a voiceover weakness :P
Weaknesses I discovered before:
- see episode 19
Done next time
- daily day job
- daily #90daysoflaserfocus
- daily #stoleneoiveIGTV
- soycubano last day in Cuba, 3 days Austin and return to Berlin
- stolenvoice tv ep. 21
- script 4 (script and recording)
- script 5 (script and recording)
- A/V story for se ka: a great recording (German)
- A/V story for betahaus: a great recording (English)
- quickvoiceover.delivery: css for contact form
- stolenvoice: newsletter setup
- stolenvoice: newsletter lead magnet
- salesmanship.io: landing page copy (draft)
- progress with transcription of a „10 secrets to achieve financial success“
- progress with bro’s + wife’s wedding material
- and much more that will come up (for sure!)
2/4 CEO: Hank
How did business go?
Review of worker Frank’s performance
- Ultra productive this man!
- Productivity scores: 10, 8, 8, 10, and today (Friday) is a 2 at the moment the day hasn’t finished yet!
3/4 Head of Sales: Jimmy
How did sales go?
- No sales!
4/4 Last words: Alex (me)
What I learned and was remarkable
- new internet
- accountability challenge #90daysoflaserfocus running well - inspired me to a new thing („the premium year“)
- email + social media check only twice a day for 15 min per check (and with conditions after when to check) - awesome for my productivity, calm and well-being - I’m feeling so much in charge and in control of my time and day
- I'm a documentation warrior. The interesting thing is, I enjoy doing it so much despite the pain it entails ;)
Links I mentioned in the video
- #90daysoflaserfocus - my public accountability challenge of 90 days focussing on voiceover client work only
- Quick Voiceover Delivery - 24-hour turnaround voiceover - only next week
- my Instagram channel
brand + service by naii.io